How to Make Kombucha Class!
Kombucha is a fermented, slightly sweet, sour, bubbly, fruity drink that is full of probiotics and healthy acids for your immune and hormone health. It tastes like carbonated, tangy, sweet fruit juice.
Kombucha is full of B vitamins, vitamin C, amino acids, enzymes and probiotics. It is a potent liver detoxifier and immune system supporter It aides in digestion and gives an energy boost.
In this class, you will:
* receive a kombucha SCOBY (the culture to make the drink) to take home and be able to make kombucha forever! (**please bring a glass jar to take your SCOBY home in**)
* watch a live demonstration, and learn the method and secrets to making kombucha
* learn how to flavor kombucha with fruits and spices
* learn how to replicate the flavors of your favorite sodas/beverages and make lemonade, gingerbeer, and other flavored kombucha!
* learn all about the health benefits of kombucha, how much to drink daily, and who can benefit from drinking it
* learn how to make vinegar for cooking and cleaning
* lean kombucha “hacks” (creative uses and flavorings)
* learn what to do with the extra cultures that will grow on each batch
Registration for this class is $40.00. Please email:
LizSchau(at)gmail(dot)com to reserve your space. Limited sliding scale spaces are available, please contact Mujeres Mercado for this option.
Liz Schau is a graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition as a Certified Holistic Health Coach, as well as a member of the International Association for Health Coaches and the American Association of Drugless Practitioners. Liz opened her health coaching practice, Liz Schau, Holistic Health Counseling in 2011 and has been working with women with thyroid disease, autoimmune diseases, Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue ever since. She specializes in kombucha and teaches local classes, sells cultures, and she has helped the local company Juicer Heroes develop a line of kombuchas for their stores.
Mujeres Mercado’s Vibrant Community is a space that supports the (w)holistic growth of all of our community members. This includes our capacity to grow stronger through economic, environmental, and traditional healing methods. Inspired by the words of Gloria Anzaldua, we believe that as “We Change Ourselves, We Change the World”. Our programing reflects our vision for a Vibrant Community that extends through each of us and supports all our communities in shining.