San Antonio, TX/local class
Sunday February 12th at 4:00 PM
how to make probiotic milk kefir and water kefir!
Probiotics are your lifeline to good and better health! Probiotics are healing for food allergies, inflammation in the body, chemical sensitivities, toxic overload (exposure to chemicals), environmental allergies, autoimmune disease, acid reflux, hormonal imbalances, blood sugar irregularities, mood and brain health, digestion, the immune system — leaving you less susceptible to colds/flu’s/food poisoning and infections, low B vitamin levels, low energy and fatigue, low Vitamin D levels, and so much more!
But probiotics aren’t just supplements that come in a bottle. They also happen to be found in delicious food and drinks that you can easily (and affordably!) incorporate into your everyday life and diet. Instead of spending money on probiotic supplements, learn to make your own yummy probiotic drinks for very little money and effort! Your body will absorb them better, you will save money immediately, and you’ll be able to continue making them for the rest of your life.
February 12th, 2012 4:00 pm Come learn the secrets to making probiotic drinks: Milk kefir and water kefir; two ancient beverages that people have been making for thousands of years, but whose traditions have been forgotten by our modern society.
Milk kefir is a thick, yogurt-like drink made with a symbiotic culture of healthy bacteria and yeast. The bacteria feed off the sugars in milk to produce lactic acid, acetic acid, and others, giving it a distinctively tangy flavor. Because of this, it contains little-to-no lactose and is easy to digest. Although cow’s milk is most commonly used, many other “milks” can easily be used, including almond, goat, and coconut. The fermenting process increases the nutrient values of vitamins B and C. Aside from drinking, there are many uses for milk kefir in cooking and baking, lending a deliciously sour taste and tenderizing effect on food and baked goods. Store-bought yogurt simply cannot compete with its nutritive and healing powers.
Water kefir is a fruity and bubbly only slightly sweet beverage. Water kefir is made from “grains”, which look like little clear crystals and are a symbiotic balance of healthy yeast and bacteria (probiotics). These grains are placed in a sugar water solution with high-mineral ingredients, and left to ferment. The bacteria eat the sugar, making the drink low-carb and low-calorie. The resulting flavor is a champagne-like (non-alcoholic) drink that tastes like fruit and offers loads of health benefits! Great alternative to soda and sugary drinks.
WHAT’s included in the class:
- In-person tutorial on how to make milk kefir (will be using coconut milk — a non-cow’s-milk source)
- In-person tutorial on how to make water kefir
- Your own station/work space complete with all supplies and ingredients for making milk kefir and water kefir in class:One batch each of milk kefir and water kefir that you make in class and take home to continue to ferment
- Glass jars and lids, coconut milk, milk kefir grains, wooden spoons, water kefir grains, dried fruit, sugar, water
- Milk kefir grains for you to take home (to be able to make milk kefir for the rest of your life)
- Water kefir grains for you to take home (to be able to make water kefir for the rest of your life)
- Printed instructions for making each so you can have them on hand and readily accessible for your next batch
- Lots of milk kefir and water kefir to drink during class!
COST OF CLASS:
- $35 per person
- You must RSVP and pay in advance to reserve your spot and your supplies*
- Make a payment in advance via PayPal, by clicking below
- Class is limited to 10 people; reserve your spot now