Are you newly gluten-free, curious about exploring a gluten-free diet, or a long-time gluten-free eater who has yet to master gf baked goods? Join us as we learn the basics of gluten-free baking!
In this class you will:
- learn about various gluten-free flours and their best uses in replicating your favorite breads and desserts
- learn about the important role of gluten-free starches and which are best to use
- learn how to use starches by themselves in grain-free baking
- learn which flours are not ideal for baking due to their consistency or taste
- learn the easiest, most versatile all purpose gluten-free flour for baking (it works in most recipes!) so that you don’t have to buy premade mixes or use six different flours. It only involves TWO flours total!
- learn the ratios for flours and starches to create chewiness and elasticity
- learn basic recipes that are versatile enough to create multiple flavor variations
- learn the recipe for Pao de Quiejo (Brazilian cheese bread that can be used for rolls, pizza crust, or flat-breads)
- learn the recipe for basic blondies (a butter/vanilla sweet bread base that can be used for chocolate chip cookies, brownies, etc.)
- learn a basic white sandwich bread recipe
- learn a basic flax “whole wheat” bread recipe
- learn a basic shortbread cookie recipe
- learn how to use nut butters in baking
- discover gluten-free flours that require no added starch
- learn how to work with grain-free flours like coconut and nut flours
- learn dairy-free options for those with multiple allergies
- learn about the role of gums (xanthan and guar) and how to avoid them
- full class notes will be emailed to you after class
- Class will be held on December 21st at 11 am (will run approx 1.5 hours)
- Class will be held at 138 East Magnolia Avenue, San Antonio, TX 78212
- Cost of class is $20.00
- There are only 10 open seats!
- Reserve your class seat by clicking the PayPal button below!
- Email Liz with any questions: LizSchau(at)gmail(dot)com