This is a heavy topic. I’ve not only been through it myself but I have witnessed it happening to my clients. It’s miserable and it sucks, in all honesty. I’ve written seven (possibly eight) other blog posts on the topic of empath sabotage and this is one of the biggies. If you are highly sensitive or empathic, this has likely been happening to you your entire life, whether you have realized it thus far or not.
Let me explain this phenomenon to you.
We live in a world or duality. Up and down, day and night, sleeping and awake. We also live in a world of many different types of people. I am not speaking about external identifiers in this case (sex, religion, ethnicity, etc). I am speaking about matters of the soul: empathy versus narcissism. In this world exist three types of people: empaths, narcissists, and those somewhere in the middle. Also note that empaths can exhibit many traits of narcissists if they have been surrounded by them or otherwise influenced by them. Narcissists can play the empath part. It gets confusing. Only by feeling a person’s energy and intention can you differentiate.
We all also have our own individual and collective karma. That is, the problems we need to work through in the here and now in order to spiritually ascend. Without resolving these things, you will come back lifetime after lifetime, or you will experience in this lifetime, the same problems, hassles, triggers, and pains.
Empaths by and large carry a greater burden of karma because 1). you have been here so many times and hold the burdens of those lifetimes within your subconscious mind and body, and 2). others have shifted their own karmic consequences onto you to purposefully avoid the consequences of their actions, or to not be found out as egoic and you have accepted it. It’s the classic “shoot the messenger” archetype — it is easier for others to blameshift rather than accept the karma. It’s also like being thrown to the wolves while the proverbial mob cheers at the bloodshed because no one else wanted to be the sacrificial lamb. Empaths have always been the sacrificial lamb.
Point blank, here’s how to stop that shit:
- call out others on their bad behavior instead of hiding it or internalizing it as your fault (this is the most common abuse tactic, FYI)
- actively work to expose the karma of those who have blamed you (yes you deserve justice. This doesn’t have to be nasty but it can mean honesty and clear communication to get to the bottom of things in a situation full of deceit)
- let go of energetic strings that others hold over you for purposes of power and control — no one gets to control you except yourself
- see their ego for what it is — don’t try to hide it for someone else’s sake
- do not internalize someone else’s problems into your body
- get rid of spiritual narcissists in your life who project and deflect
- pursue yourself and your life path at all costs, no matter what wrenches are thrown in your way
- do not believe the energy narcissist shift onto you, only you get to define who you are
- be the lone wolf if you need to, do not accept groupthink bullying at the expense of yourself or others
Undoing your own karma and that others have forced on you is the best course of action because then you will be free and find peace. You will no longer be sick, stressed, and indebted. It’s not fair and it is abusive when others do this to you, but you can make it better yourself — I have seen it and done it.
If all else fails, remember this — judgment day will come. It may not be now. It may not be soon. They may keep getting away with the transplaced pain. But everyone will have to answer for what they have done. They will only get away with this for so long. And unfortunately for them, the groupthink will mean nothing when it comes to the scales of justice.