The mind-body connection is not something I started out understanding. 11 years ago when I became fascinated with holistic nutrition, I didn’t quite get the depth of the way our mental and emotional state affects our physical body. Over the years, as I deconstructed my own health and that of my clients, I came to find that not only is the mind-body connection very real, that there is tons of science to support it, and that it is usually overlooked, but by excavating the subconscious mind and subconscious behaviors of a person (and where said trauma stems from), we can reverse or improve the health condition.
You see, all diseases begin as a result of imbalanced energy. (Please go back and read that sentence to let it sink in. I’m sharing the hidden collective unconscious information I have channeled over the years for your benefit, but it’s up to you to believe it). Eleven years ago I would not have believed this if I had read it. Only when I lived and observed it could I see that it is true and it is why human beings are so sick, on medication that only stabilizes but almost never cures, and why some sicknesses do not respond to traditional (or holistic) treatments at all. It is part of the reason there are no cures for diseases and why people who have had similar life traumas often have similar illnesses.
Empathic people are especially prone to energetic imbalances. In fact, I have never met an empathic person who was not energetically imbalanced. I have also never met a person whose chakras were balanced rather than being blocked or overactive. Here’s why:
Empathic people are born into families where abuse is present (even if there was no abuse in your childhood, you have been bullied, coerced, threatened, or shamed in some other area of your life). ——>
Empathic people have energy usurped from them by karmic partners/narcissists. ——>
Empathic people get punished for being who they really are. ——>
Empathic people learn to alter their energy to please the people around them or avoid the people around them. (This most often happens on a subconscious level). ——>
Over time, the inauthentic energy profile that the empath has adopted as an adaptation method becomes ingrained (aka ego forms and inherent chakra energy is altered). ——>
Because the energetic profile is unnatural, it becomes a stressor to the physical body. Over time, disease begins to develop as a response to the incessant energetic stressors. ——>
The empath becomes sick and possibly seeks diagnosis. While medication may provide some relief, they still do not feel well, are still triggered into the old familiar energy pattern when certain people/situations present themselves so they constantly cycle in and out of wellness.
Only by identifying the subconscious energetic trigger, behavioral (stress pattern with hormones, the nervous system, the brain, etc) can the disease be eradicated. (The body must also be supported with nutrition, sleep, relaxation, supplements, etc, of course).
Now, that said, there are certain kinds of empaths whom I consider “high processors“. This means they are constantly receiving boatloads of incoming extra-sensory information (intuitive insights and channeled messages) and energetic residues that they are not consciously aware of, yet is still stressing out their nervous system, hormones, blood pressure, blood sugar, kidneys, liver, thyroid, brain, etc. The average empath is receiving all kinds of data too, but the high processors just go at it non-fucking-stop. They are constantly stressed and do not know why, they are always on high alert, they may have trouble sleeping or enjoying life. They know everything about everyone and say nothing. They need ample time to veg-out at home doing nothing because everyday life is such a trigger. These people are also prone to anxiety, depression, panic attacks and PTSD.
Imagine if every day of your life (until you become aware of it, that is) feels like another battle to walk into, another day that could figuratively kill you, more people you have to encounter who either drain your energy or force theirs onto you. Imagine if your nervous system were operating in high-drive for 20, 30, 40, 50, 60 years at a time — all day, every day. What would be the health consequences as a result?
When your brain is operating at a higher level, your nervous system will be affected. This means your adrenal glands will be producing cortisol (the stress hormone) in over-drive. As time goes on, your body will not be able to keep up with the demand and cortisol production will slow, leaving you in a state of adrenal fatigue and completely wired but tired or lethargic. Your blood sugar and blood pressure may surge, then drop. As more time goes on, your thyroid hormone will be affected and you may become hypo- or hyper-thyroid. Due to all the cortisol that once hit your system, your immune system will not be able to fend off yeasts, bacteria, and viruses appropriately. You may get sick often. Your digestive tract will also become “leaky”, and the epithelial cells in the gut lining will become weakened, allowing food particles (proteins especially) to pass into circulation in the blood stream where they do not belong. This is where you become allergic to foods and the environment. Over time, your sex hormones may also be affected. “Bad” disease-promoting genes may also “switch on”, leaving you prone to the genetic issues that have plagued your family for generations.
At this point, daily life becomes a challenge because you simply feel unwell all of the time. You visit a doctor who either can’t diagnose you, or who puts you on a medication that only slightly helps but never gets to the root of the issues. You may also dabble in nutrition and supplements or other healing modalities, and while it helps, it never completely eradicates the problem so you give up. This is where energy work comes in.
Until you fix the energetic problem, you cannot fix your health. High processors, whom I work with most of the time, have to find a way back to themselves and their true nature. This involves identifying core wounds, learning/completing your life lessons, escaping karmic partners, resolving your karma, and acting out your own power unabashedly. Until you do so, you will live in a state of constant triggering and feel completely uneasy in the world. High processors are a special type of empath who are here to change the world with their inherent knowledge and information but “to whom much is given, much is expected.” Please do not sit on this gift and let it make you sick. Please learn how to uncover it and use it to your advantage rather than have it cause disease. There is hope for you.
I’m going to keep this one short and sweet. The time we’ve come into requires discernment and courage. It requires us to hone our spiritual abilities in order to succeed. The undoing of karma we have been witnessing in it’s sped-up form over the last year + is causing many highly sensitive people to go inward in order to understand who they are, why they are here, and how to self-actualize in the midst of external chaos. Your problems are coming to the surface for a reason. Things seem hard for a reason. You can no longer ignore them and call it “living”. You need to do the soul work to resolve them now.
The term “spiritual ascension” gets thrown around a lot but ultimately it is the process of undoing that which is dysfunctional, righting the wrongs, learning to trust yourself and your intuition or higher power, elevating to new levels of mental and emotional awareness, and becoming who you really are — against all odds. It is so hard — as I’ve said before — and it can feel like it could kill you. I promise you it will not. I promise you on the other side of it is peace. On the other side is an understanding of just what you are doing here to begin with. It is a way to exit the 3D reality (only understanding and believing that which you can clearly see or have been told to see) and into 4 and 5D realms in which the soul takes the lead rather than the physical needs and senses.
I have written extensively about these topics in isolation but I believe putting them all together, in one place, can help many. This is what all of the great prophets, saviors, and “masters” have taught us. I have learned their words to be true through life experiences. Likely you have as well. Sadly interpretations of their words do not always lead us back to their original intent. So here is a checklist for you.
How to spiritually ascend:
- Identify your karma and begin correcting or reversing it. (aka: your core wounds and life lessons)
- Let go of all attachments to people, places, things, needs, and expectations. “What is yours will not go past you” so there is no need to stress about clinging to that which you desire.
- Eliminate dense, harmful energies of the past from your mind and body. (Use energy work, EFT, myofascial release, massage, stretching, etc)
- Transition from your stressed-out lizard brain into your prefrontal cortex.
- Heal your physical body with nutrition and other holistic therapies.
- Stand up for yourself and your path at the cost of everything. Stand your ground against energy vampires who lead you away from it or thrown wrenches in your path.
- Pursue truth, justice, and love. Avoid those who do not.
- Trust your intuition or higher power. Do not take advice from people who lead you away from your inner voice.
- Begin to read the energy in each situation you are in. Discern whether it is healthy or not.
- Limit external exposures to pointless groupthink stimuli (mindless entertainment, distractions, etc).
- Give up on hopes and dreams that have nothing to do with your soul. Avoid superficiality and climbing the ladder to success if it leads you nowhere real.
- Accept that ultimately you are here to go at it alone because it is your path and yours alone.
- Open your mind to new ideas. Do not accept or reject anything at face value. Give yourself time to come to conclusions no matter how obvious or outlandish.
- Question everything.
- Develop empathy, help those in need.
- Tap into your subconscious mind for direction. If you don’t feel you can readily do this, use meditation, herbs, and other relaxation methods. Or work with me in Energy Readings.
- Activate your chakras.
- Leave abuse.
- Get out of twin flame relationships.
- Uncover your past lives and put the pieces of your personality together once and for all.
- Wake up out of the spiritual amnesia.
- Do not overlook unethical deeds for someone else’s benefit.
- Let your light shine.
- Pursue what you are good at and here to accomplish.
- Love yourself and others unconditionally.
Despite being told we “don’t know” why diseases happen or they only happen as a result of a shitty genetic Russian roulette, the truth is that illnesses come about for numerous external and internal reasons according to the individual’s gene mutations, experiences, core wounds, health history, chakra imbalances or karma, chemical exposure, and more. Therefore, the specific diet a person should be eating will vary according to this personalized history. It is why, although I believe there are dietary practices or theories that are in many ways superior to a standard western diet, there is truly no one-sized-fits-all approach. Who you are determines what you should be eating, not the other way around.
This is the standard I have held myself to over the last 8 years while directing clients in comprehensive nutritional plans. You are unique, your diet should be equally unique. Unfortunately, we are saturated with programs, books, classes, and internet experts telling us there is only one perfect diet (Paleo, Autoimmune Paleo, Keto, Vegan, etc etc). Will you trust your body or will you trust these money-making schemes?
Like I said, there are certain nutrition practices I think we should all to a large degree adopt (unless there is a specific contraindication for you personally). Take, for example, the fact that indigenous cultures and peoples instinctively understood things about food that our modern society overlooks and takes for granted: food should be consumed in its whole forms, it should come directly from the earth, it should be organic and unsprayed or not irradiated, and that you should consume what is local and available to you.
Another principle that transcends time and peoples worldwide is the idea that every meal should contain a raw or fermented food that is rich in enzymes. In Eastern Europe, we see this practice as the dollop of sour cream on the soup or the raw butter on toast; in Latino societies, we see it as the unpasteurized alcohol or fresh condiments consumed with food (tepache, chicha, salsas, curtido); in Asian cultures we see it as the fermented vegetables added to meals or used as side dishes (banchan, for example). These traditions are not “primitive”, they are ancient wisdom that should be respected.
You see, enzymes aide in digestion and not only help your digestive tract to break down foods so they do not end up as inflammatory immune threats, they also help the kidneys and liver in processing foods. Enzymes can also be called life force or energy: they are living and alive and killed by cooking processes. Energy isn’t just about picking up the bad attitudes of others when you walk into a room, it is about what you intake in other ways, including what you eat.
When you eat dead foods, your body has to compensate for the lack of enzymes or water that would normally be found in unprocessed foods. Over time, this creates a deficit that forces your digestive tract, kidneys, and liver to work extra hard. Imagine the consequences of a lifetime of eating foods with no life force. Think back to how many modern meals we eat that are completely dead and devoid of any enzymes: fried potatoes, meats, pizza, pasteurized dairy, roasted vegetables, rice, bread, and on and on. While many of these foods can be healthy when sourced from quality purveyors, or when prepared in certain ways (grass-fed burgers, for example), they are still dead and force your body into an energetic deficit.
Another way I’ve heard “life force” interpreted when it comes to food is this: the kind of food you eat, when, how, and at which pace, affects how you feel afterwards. For example, you will feel differently eating a salad versus a bowl of pasta. One will probably leave you feeling light and energized afterwards, and one will leave you feeling stuffed, lethargic, and ready for a nap.
In nutrition school, I also learned that coming together for a meal is about more than a social gathering; it is also an exchange of energy between the people sharing the food. Sure, you will get to talk, enjoy the people you are with, and get energized (or, perhaps, brought down) by their personal energy, but you will also end up collectively feeling the same way afterwards if you all eat the same thing. It’s one reason we congregate for meals: to get into a kind of positive groupthink with family or friends. This is in large part due to the fact that if you are sharing one big meal rather than everyone ordering something different so you will likely have similar blood sugar responses, levels of satiety, and therefore the same energy during and afterwards. On the flip side, we also know that having inhibitory responses (ie: getting stressed, nervous, holding back, being ashamed, etc) slows down the thyroid immediately and prevents thyroid hormone from being released, which aides in digestion. Food brings people together for many reasons, and energy is one of them.
My nutrition school professor also described the energetics of food with this example: a famous and highly sensitive Japanese nutrition expert (a leader in the Macrobiotics movement) was so energetically sensitive he could always feel the energy with which the food he was eating was prepared. So once, a man tried to purposefully trick him to see what his interpretation of the food “energy” would be. This chef danced around the kitchen, clapping his hands, yelling, jumping up and down as he cooked. When the food arrived to the table, the nutrition expert took a few bites and said he was very confused with what had been done to this food. While it tasted delicious, he said the energy was chaotic and crazy and couldn’t understand what had happened while it was cooking. Despite not being in the kitchen while it was cooking, he knew something was “off”.
If you are a highly sensitive person, you may not feel the food life force quite to this degree, but your body will likely internalize it and it could stimulate or sedate you based on who prepared it and the emotion with which it was prepared. Now think about what happens when you go out to eat: the food you’re eating may be prepared by a worker who doesn’t particularly care for their job, slaps the meal together in a hurry with little love or care, and gets it to the table as quickly as possible. It’s one reason home cooked food tastes so good and we crave holiday gatherings or food from the “mother”: most likely, she put her heart and soul into it and prepared it with love.
The takeaway here is that you are an energetic being with constant energetic requirements. You must in-put good energetic sources of food, and be surrounded by positive energy while eating in order to aide the digestive tract and other vital organs.
Are you one of the 15-20% of the population worldwide who is a true empath? Empaths are people who feel the pain of others very deeply, have a complex inner world, are interested in metaphysical or esoteric phenomena, feel overwhelmed by certain stimuli, have a certain loving naivete’ about them, instinctively understand the truth even if it has been withheld, and are here to help us transition into a new paradigm — one of love, peace, and equality.
Because this personality type is rare, empaths often go their entire lives feeling weird, different, and strange. They sometimes describe feeling like aliens on a planet they do not understand. They may try to fit in but ultimately are only partially able to do so because fitting in requires forgoing their true nature, which over time, causes physical and emotional disease. It’s an unfortunate trade off in which they can either be socially successful or personally successful.
The truth is, empaths weren’t born to fit in and go along, they are here to usher in an era of change and show the world what true love and compassion looks like. And we’re on the dawn of this age. They are here to use an entirely different section of the brain — the free-thinking, emotionally attentive right hemisphere — in a world full of left-brained systems, designs, structures, rules, and punishments.
In order to reach your highest potential as an empath, here’s what you need to know: you cannot become a fully self-actualized person while you are choosing the easy route. Your life has been hard on purpose — and I do mean hard. Empaths have exceptionally difficult life lessons because it is the experiences that develop your compassionate nature, help you build a fierceness that you were punished for or talked out of as a child, and become intuitive enough to recognize injustices when they are happening and actually do something about it.
For example, you likely have never received confirmation of your feelings and experiences (which empaths desperately need to prevent them from ongoing states of cognitive dissonance), you were spanked/gaslighted/emotionally neglected as a child because you were different and had a certain natural wisdom about you that threatened authority figures, and you have also been subject to extremely toxic relationships in which you were paired with at least one narcissistic personality in order to reveal your shadow side and understand how the narcissistic systems work.
But often because empaths are so sensitive to pain, they choose to avoid it, ignore it, and pretend it isn’t there. They play along like life is great or just retreat when things get rough. They feel addressing the pain would be too hard, and let’s face it — we also live in a world where talking about problems is still largely taboo and complicates your social life. Maybe you were even punished for doing so when you were younger. It’s simply easier to pretend you’re okay. Until you’re not — or can’t.
Ultimately your body and soul will reach a breaking point. There is only so much stuffing down you can do before your body is going to revolt and physical disease states will ensue. Ignoring the problems generates intense stress responses that will affect your stress hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol, sex hormones such as estrogen and testosterone, your thyroid hormones, your immune system (which becomes dysregulated in the presence of high cortisol), your gut (which also becomes dysfunctional in the presence of high cortisol and causes leaky gut syndrome and alters your gut microbiome), blood pressure, heart, kidneys, blood sugar, and more.
The time to do the soul work is now, empaths. The world is changing and as societal systems are restructured, we need to be ready to take the helm or at least take our equal seat at the table. If you’ve always wanted to help others and the world, now is your chance. But before you can do that, you have to delve into the hard work to overcome whatever is holding you back and keeping you stressed and sick.
Here’s how to access your full potential as an empath:
- Identify where the narcissistic personalities are in your life and chart out the problems in those relationships. The reality is, every empath who is not aware is going to have attracted many spiritual narcissists that are flat out draining you. If the other person is willing to work through the problems, great and that says a lot about their soul maturity. If they are not, they are holding back your soul’s growth and you need to make the brave decision to distance yourself. As you start peeling back the layers, so to speak, you may be amazed at just how many narcissistic personalities you are surrounded by. (Again, please don’t diagnose people — just use this information for yourself to understand what is going on around you and free yourself).
- Give in to your life lessons. The pain in your life is the signal that something needs to change or be worked through. As an Intuitive, in Energy Reading sessions, I easily recognize the patterns in one’s life and this tells us the overarching theme of your life lessons. Once you understand your life lessons, you can go forward with this knowledge and be able to recognize what to do in each future difficulty you encounter. It’s not just a random problem, it is a message and call to action.
- Stop living the attachment wound. An attachment wound is usually something you acquired in childhood by being told you weren’t good enough or worthy of love (in so many words, or based on the actions of your caregivers). Real love is unconditional and you do not have to be on the proverbial hamster wheel seeking love your whole life, worrying you will never get it because there is something wrong with you. Tell yourself everyday that you deserve love, there is nothing you can do to earn it, and people who lord love over you are not acting in love. Real love is unconditional with no strings attached and contains elements of true forgiveness despite any imperfections.
- Get out from under the “nice” spell and start being fierce. Chances are you feel conflicted about being loving and also standing up for yourself when necessary. You want to avoid confrontation at all costs so when you are put in situations where you have to tell the truth even if it is inconvenient and difficult, you internalize it as you are bad, wrong, hateful, imperfect, etc. Remember that love isn’t all rainbows and butterflies. Love is hard truth when necessary and standing up for yourself and others in the presence of evil and injustice. Just like a parent who reminds their child of the correct path to take — or problems to look out for — so too are empaths who are awakened: they tell the truth even when it is not convenient, because they know they lying and pretending is not real love and only perpetuates problems in the long run.
- Stop caring about what other people think. You have likely been trying to please people your entire life because empaths easily recognize the needs of others, want to meet them, and because you naturally have a servant energy archetype where the underlying assumption is that you will serve others interests while forsaking your own. People who only wanted you to serve their needs, or who expect you to be a diminutive version of yourself for their comfort are not your real allies. Trying to please them the rest of your life will get you nowhere but drained, overwhelmed, and sick. And it’s certainly not going to help the world if you’re not living out your true passions.
- Identify what you are good at, then pursue it hardcore. What you are good at is why you are here. The interests, skills, talents, and hobbies you have held back because they perhaps couldn’t support you 100% financially, because you didn’t think you had the time for, or thought others wouldn’t like it, are what the world desperately needs. Empaths aren’t just here to feel, they are here to do. That thing you have always wanted to contribute to the world — do it. Now. Even if you can’t get out of your day job, find ways to integrate your skills into your everyday life.
- Hack your “operating system”. Think of your body like a computer. You get a virus, you slow down, get sick, and use anti-virals. Something crashes and you have to reboot. A key or screen gets broken and you get it replaced. So too is your physical body: you have to upgrade your operating system in order to overcome physical illness. This includes knowing what your common gene mutations are and finding proper diet or supplements to support them, figuring out what your food sensitivities are and avoiding them, healing your gut health, reinoculating your G.I. tract with healthy bacteria and yeasts, identifying nutrient deficiencies, balancing hormones, doing chelation therapy with the help of a trained doctor, and more. This is much of what I do for clients in Nutrition Consultations.
- Fix your fascia. The mysofascial system is the literal, tangible mind-body connection that is visible to the naked eye. The fascia is the connective tissue that sits under your skin and on top of your muscles. If you have lived in states of chronic acidity, have deep-rooted infections (especially viral infections and Lyme co-infections), are mineral or protein deficient, you will have dysfunctional fascia called fascial adhesions. The way you move your body, your posture, spinal subluxations, and wearing tight clothing will also cause the development of adhesions. Typically the fascia should be a thin, flat structure that supports your movement and muscles. Due to the above reasons, thick adhesions form which cuts off blood flow, nutrients, oxygen, and range of mobility. In other words, it’s like you become mummified and calcified while you are still alive. It affects your hormones, causes pain, and keeps you chronically infected much to the detriment of your immune system. There are ways to reverse this and I highly recommend identifying your fascial adhesions in a Body Reading session, and then pursuing myofascial release in order to restore the fascia to its healthy state.
Remember, you are here to bring about change. Unfortunately, change is often scary and difficult. Empaths can access their full potential — 100% — but it will be challenging. The choice is yours if you prefer to remain quiet and just go along, or you choose to be brave and bold and confront the problems. If you choose to be brave, you will find healing and uncover the truth and power of who you actually are.
Until you understand yourself, you will never understand your health. I have found this to be true time and time again both for myself and my clients over the last seven years. I will tell you the truth: your body is a metaphor for all you have lived, all you have experienced (the good and bad), and all of the trauma you have suppressed or internalized. The answers you seek are right in front of you.
That ache in your back, the tightness in your throat, the gait with which you walk, the way you carry your shoulders, the food allergies, the stomach bloat, the chronic fatigue, the brain fog — it is all a cue and clue as to the greater analogy of who you are, what you have been through, and how your body handled it all.
Think of your health as a poem. A left-brained critical thinker (aka: doctor) may take a look at the words (aka: your body) and assume prescriptions are the solution for any and everything that ails you. That is all they have been trained to do and they do not function outside of these boundaries because it feels scary to them. It is a trek into unknown, uncharted waters. To them, you are black and white, cut and cry, no gray area or room for discussion. Anything else would imply they don’t have all the answers.
Modern medicine has relegated health and wellness into the realm of the left-brained scientist: “Only they can be trusted, only they can be believed, only they have the answers I seek.” This just isn’t true. It takes a right-brained creative thinker that knows no bounds, is comfortable with free thought, and understands you are a limitless individual with limitless solutions available to you to find the answers to your pressing, painful health complaints. It takes a poet, an artist, an inventor to say, “there is more to the story. I know this because I can read between the lines.” Yes, we’ve been doing it all wrong.
What if instead of medicating (which never gets to the root of why you are experiencing the health problem in the first place) we began to “read” you to deconstruct the meaning behind it all? What if we unraveled, line by line, symptom by symptom, the meaning of you? What if we went so deep into you that we solved the mysteries?
Chronic illness does not have one cause. Yet thyroid diseases and autoimmune conditions are diagnosed and treated as though they do come from a singular cause. Medication, testing, adjusting of dosage, more testing, more adjusting. Round and round we go on this hamster wheel. You end up so frustrated or defeated that you give up trying to improve things altogether. Let me tell you this: it is not you, it is them.
I think of each client as a unique mystery begging to be solved. How did they get here? What is their potential for healing? What do we need to do to get them there quickly? I know there are always solutions because I healed my Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis and put it into unmedicated remission despite medical professionals telling me it wasn’t possible. They couldn’t read between the lines, but I could. And I did.
I have worked with clients at the end of their rope with their health. I have seen women with Graves’ disease go medication-free and keep their labs in check with specific, tailored nutrition and deep mind-body work; Graves’ Disease! — an illness that can literally kill someone. They came to me eating a gluten-free and dairy-free diet because that’s what they’d read big-name left-brained doctors and internet stars say they had to do. It wasn’t getting them anywhere. You see, diseases happen for “cluster” reasons. Once we understand the cluster, we deconstruct it to stop it.
This means they didn’t just have a genetic predisposition to autoimmunity or hyperthyroidism — they had 10 or more issues that were compounding to create the Graves’ disease state:
- histamine intolerance
- large consumption of thyroid-stimulating foods (coconut, avocado, and brazil nuts, for example)
- leaky gut syndrome
- Epstein-Barr infections
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)
- adrenal fatigue or high/low cortisol
- erratic blood sugar
- too little cholesterol in their diet and way too much plant-based saturated fat (thanks to big name doctors promoting a low-cholesterol, high saturated fat Paleo diet)
- nervous system dysregulation
- stored chaotic energy
- abuse or neglect
- little to no self-care
- “screaming” to be heard their entire lives
What happens when you deconstruct and remedy the cluster? You stop the disease state.
But keep in mind, this is only a template. It’s like the stanzas in a poem. The words will be unique to you, despite the outline of the rhythm being the same. Until you understand your unique cluster, you will never halt the health problems.
The answers you seek are literally and figuratively right in front of you. You must find someone to help you deconstruct the metaphor that is you.